Tuesday, July 29, 2014

 

 
Here are a few random pictures from this summer that
I have been needing to post for awhile.  I hope you enjoy them!
I love these little well houses that are out on the streets :)
Stefan cel Mare
A famous person in the history of Moldova, although I'm not sure exactly what he did
 because I can't read Russian/Romanian.
He must have been important because he has his own statue... and even a park and street named after him!  ;)
 
I do know he was a great warrior and protected Moldova during the 1400's.
During his reign, he strengthened Moldavia and maintained its independence against the ambitions of Hungary, Poland, and the Ottoman Empire, which all sought to subdue the land.
 
Stefan cele Mare Park




 
Miss Tatiana had to get a picture with this cow :)
I believe I mentioned before that the girls really enjoy trying out new hairdos.
Here is one they whipped up in just a few minutes.



Two of our girls :)

Do you see how beautiful and sunshiny it was?
In the next few pictures, you'll see how dark it got within a few minutes.
It poured rain!  So much rain that we were completely soaked in a couple minutes.
It was a fun day!





Miss Tatiana and Ana dressed the part for
the Indian food they prepared one evening
Ana is an amazing cook and she enjoys making
creative dishes.  These are stuffed tomatoes.
Aren't they cute?
 
I decided to have the girls do a presentation on whatever country
they would like to visit.  It was good for them to study another country
and another culture.  Only two of them ended up doing the
presentation, but they did a really good job!
Marina doing a presentation on Italy

Our judges for the presentations
 
 
The next few pictures give a little bit of an
 idea of what the neighborhoods look like.
I'll try to get some more pictures out on the streets
before I leave, but I think you can get a pretty good
idea what the country generally look like from these.









 
I really like the fact that there are fruit and nut trees everywhere.
These grapes grow in our front yard, next to the cherry and apricot tree.
On the side of the house is a big walnut tree.  Maybe it isn't a big deal to some of you,
 but I'm from Montana, so I was pretty excited to try a raw walnut the other day! :)

 
Volleyball!!!
I'll end with a few picture of the kids' favorite sport!
We have had a good time playing volleyball... even in a few huge rainstorms :)





 

No comments: